Lebanon VA Medical Center
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Veteran Care
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VHA) is committed to providing quality care to all Veterans including lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) Veterans. Excellent care has no boundaries.
Lebanon VA Medical Center seeks to promote the health, welfare, and dignity of LGBT Veterans and their families. We are committed to making sensitive and high quality health care accessible. Our policies and practices focus on ensuring a safe, welcoming, and affirmative environment of care for LGBT Veterans. Our employees receive training in clinically competent care that is responsive to the unique needs of LGBT Veterans.LGBT services provided at Lebanon VAMC:
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- LGBT Sensitive Mental Health Care, including Individual, Couples and Family Counseling
- Pre-Operative Evaluation
- Medically Necessary Post-Operative and long-term care following gender affirmation surgery
- STD testing and education regarding higher risks in the LGBT population
- LGBT Support Group (Lebanon VAMC)
- Transgender Support Group (York VCC)
- Supportive & Confidential Spiritual/Religious Chaplain Services
LGBT Veteran Care Coordinator (VCC) Program
As of March 2016, each VA facility has a local LGBT Veteran Care Coordinator (VCC) who is appointed by their facility leadership. The VCC is responsible for promoting best practices for serving LGBT Veterans and connecting LGBT Veterans to services.
To learn important information about the unique health risks of LGBT Veterans, download these relevant fact sheets. Here you can also find information about relevant services offered by VA.