Lebanon VA Medical Center
COVID-19 Currently Impacted Services
Currently Impacted Services at Lebanon VA Medical Center due to the COVID–19 pandemic
Please visit this page regularly for the most up to date information related to currently impacted services at Lebanon VA Medical Center.
We are here for YOU and need YOU to be here for your fellow Veterans and our staff. Please answer the COVID-19 screening questions accurately. If you answer yes, you’re allowing us to help YOU and get YOU the care you may need. You’re also helping to protect your fellow Veterans and our staff. Honesty is the best policy! Thank you for your attention to this serious public health matter.
- Appointments – Outpatient appointments are not being cancelled; Veterans are being contacted and encouraged to utilize telephone and VA Video Connect options. Elective surgeries are currently being postponed.
- Arrival to Main Campus – Both State Street entrances and the Lincoln Ave. entrance are open. Medical Screening will occur upon entry into the facility. Visitation is currently restricted. Face coverings are required for entry into any VA facility, unless medically contraindicated. UPDATED INFORMATION
- Chapel – All services have been postponed until further notice. If you need chaplain services, contact 717–272–6621, ext. 5085.
- DAV Rides – Suspended until further notice; Veterans with scheduled rides are being contacted to find alternate arrangements.
- Dental – All non-emergency dental appointments postponed until further notice. Dental is currently seeing emergencies only.
- Donations – No unscheduled drop offs until further notice, drop offs permitted on a limited basis only with prior arrangements. Donations can also be mailed. Contact Voluntary Service at 717-228-6123 to coordinate any donation prior to mailing or to make required advance arrangements to drop off.
- Emergency Department – Services have not been impacted, we wish to, however, use this listing to reinforce that the Emergency Department at Lebanon VAMC’s Main Campus remains open 24/7 to serve the needs of our Veterans.
- Fort Indiantown Gap Outreach Clinic – All Veterans with scheduled appointments at this location are currently being contacted to have their visit conducted via Telehealth or rescheduled if necessary for the foreseeable future.
- Lebanon Transit (City Bus Service) – Bus passengers are screened at Building 1, Building 17 or Building 18 when they are dropped off. Pick-ups are made at the Building 17 Bus Shelter and Building 18 Lower Front Entrance. UPDATED INFORMATION
- Outpatient Lab Services (Phlebotomy) – Hours for all services in the outpatient lab located on the second floor of Building 17 have been changed to 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m. until further notice.
- Pharmacy – Until further notice pharmacy pickups are limited to those which are urgently needed. An urgently-needed prescription is defined as one where the patient is unable to wait until the next day to start the medication. ALL other prescriptions, including refills, will be mailed to Veterans until further notice and overnight shipping will be utilized if medically necessary.
- Recreation Therapy – Outpatient groups have been postponed. For individual recreation therapy needs or questions, contact 717–272–6621, ext. 5757.
- Social Room – Closed until further notice, including all scheduled outpatient recreation activities.
- Veterans Activity Center – Closed until further notice, including all scheduled activities.
- VA Community Clinics – All scheduled community clinic visits are currently being conducted via phone/video visit or being rescheduled as appropriate. Need care? Call VA’s Telephone Care Line 24/7 at 717-272-6621 & press 3. For emergencies dial 911.
- Veterans Canteen Service
- PatriotStore (Retail Store) – Remains open during regularly scheduled hours.
- PatriotBrew (Coffee Shop) - Remains open during regularly scheduled hours. No tables available.
- PatriotCafe (Cafeteria) - Remains open during regularly scheduled hours. As we continue Moving Forward Together, one of the next incremental steps you will see at the main campus is the partial reopening of the Patriot Café’s dining room. Beginning, June 15, 2020 the dining room will open with limited seating to promote social distancing. In our continuing efforts to protect the Veterans we serve, it is necessary to limit staff without masking contact with them, therefore during this initial phase, the seating will be exclusively for Veterans and their guests. Staff may still purchase food at the canteen, but are asked to refrain from using the dining room until it is fully open. UPDATED INFORMATION
- Visitors – Restricted visitation status for all inpatient beds currently in effect. Family members are encouraged and requested to contact the clinical treatment teams should they have any questions or concerns.
- Volunteering – All opportunities suspended until further notice. Not accepting/processing new volunteers until further notice.
- YMCA at VA – Closed until further notice. Questions related to YMCA services/access/membership can be directed to the Y's downtown location at 717-273-2691.
We also encourage everyone to stay up to date on the latest information from VA related to the Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID–19) at www.va.gov/coronavirus.