Lebanon VA Medical Center
Community Specialty Services Program
What is Community Nursing Home Care?
A Veteran may need care that requires admission to a nursing home or rehab facility. The VA has established community partnerships with nursing homes in our service area. Rehab and hospice services may also be provided in a nursing home. Monthly on-site case management is provided by Registered Nurses and Social Workers for all contracted Veterans.
Process for Admission to Contracted Community Nursing Home (CNH)
- Information on Veteran provided to LVAMC
- Extended Care Screening Committee screens information verifying Veteran is nursing home level of care
- If declined, other services offered
- If accepted, Family/SW/POA given list of CNHs to contact and visit
- Veteran admitted to selected CNH under VA contract and at VA expense
- Contact persons to request screening for CNH:
-Quynh Haas, RN - 717-272-6621, ext. 4257
-Dominique Perry, BSN, RN - 717-272-6621, ext. 4418
Who Qualifies for Contracted Community Nursing Home
- Any Veteran in need of nursing home care for a service-connected (SC) disability.
- Any Veteran in need of nursing home care who has a single or combined SC disability rating of 70% or greater.
This includes a Veteran with a single disability rated 60% but who has a total disability rating based on individual unemployability.
Services provided by CNH Program
- Room and board paid by VA
- Monthly visits by Lebanon VA Medical Center RN or Social Worker Case Managers
- Special Mode Transportation provided to and from all appointments at the LVAMC
- Continued appointments available with VA Specialty Clinics
- Annual Survey of nursing home facility by CNH Team
Contract Nursing Home Hospice Benefit
- All Veterans, regardless of service connection, are eligible for Hospice care
- Under the CNH Hospice benefit, if there are no beds in the Lebanon VA Medical Center Hospice unit, the VA will pay to place the Veteran at any of our CNH
- Hospice is charged to the Veteran’s Medicare with no co-pay
- Contact Person: Erin Illyes, LCSW – 717-272-6621, ext. 4540
- Lebanon VA Medical Center: 717-272-6621 or 1-800-409-8771
- CNH Screening: Quynh Haas, RN, ext. 4257 or Dominique Perry, BSN, RN, ext. 4418
- Gail Williamson, BSN, RN CNH Case Manager, ext. 4566
- Carolyn Cruise, BSN, RN CNH Case Manager, ext. 4726
- Gianna Bleyer, MSN, RN Program Manager Community Nursing Home Program, ext. 4365
- Erin Illyes, LCSW Hospice, ext. 4540
- Building 19
- 717-272-6621 Ext. 4418
- 717-272-6621 Ext. 4257
Hours of Operation
- 8 am to 4:30 pm