Below is a list of services provided by local community agencies and veteran’s service organizations to assist individuals with improving access to VA care. While the list is reviewed periodically in an effort to maintain current information, it is subject to change without notice. Also, to ensure optimal assistance, please provide these agencies with sufficient notice of your transportation need.
· Adams Co. Trans., 717-337-1345, daily to LVAMC. W/C access. Wed. only.
· American Cancer Society, 717-334-5352, (Adams Co. cancer patients only).
· BARTA Bus, 610-921-0601
· County Veterans Affairs, 610-378-5612, as needed
· Reading Metro Taxi, 610-374-5111
Cumberland Co.Transport to Camp Hill only, W/C access.
1-800-315-2546. Those over 60 ride free.
· Capital Area Transit — 1St Wed. of mon., W/C access. 717-232-6100
· Compassionate Ministries (Cancer patients only), 717-730-9755.
· Share-A-Ride, 717-232-6100 (once/mo.).
· Co. Veterans Affairs, 717-299-7920. Daily to LVAMC. Needs to be scheduled in advance.
· Greyhound, 717-397-4861 www.greyhound.com
· Red Rose Transit 717-397-3315, some ambulatory and W/C may qualify for “shared ride”
· Colt, 274-3664, mini van 274-3514 and 274-9767. All W/C access. www.lebanontransit.org
· DAV @ Lebanon VAMC. 717-272-6621,ext. 4596.
· Co. Veterans Affairs, 273-6711.
· Capital Trailways, 717-272-0161 www.capitaltrailways.com
DAV, 717-248-6248. Mon.’s & Fri.’s to Altoona. Tues & Fri to LVAMC. Wed to Camp Hill, not W/C access. Will bring those that can transfer.
Lewistown Greyhound, 1-800-454-2487, www.greyhound.com
LATS (Lower Anthracite Transportation System), 570-339-3956
Co. Veterans Affairs, 717-582-2131, ext. 4133 (limited services).
Perry County Transit Authority, 717-567-2490
· Office of Aging, 717-622-3103, Transportation in Schuylkill Co. only, 570-621-7303 (once monthly).
· Veterans Affairs, 570-628-1400, once monthly, W/C access.
· Trailways, 570-622-8971
· Schuylkill County Transit Authority, 570-429-2701
USTA, 1-877-877-9021, (approx. $6.00 per person). W/C access. Tues. & Thurs. a.m. only.
· Community Transit, 717-846-7433, Wed. only LVAMC. W/C access.
· Hanover Red Cross, 717-637-3768.
· Co.Veterans Affairs, 717-771-9218.
· Touch-A-Life. Lutheran Social Services, 717-854-4313.
· American Cancer Society of Hanover, 717-632-4918 (for cancer patients only).
· Rabbittransit Hotline, 717-849-0740
· York Area Transportation Authority, 717-846-7433
There is a shuttle from Allentown Clinic daily, 610-776-4300, or 610-776-4210.
There is a shuttle from Lebanon VA daily, 272-6621, ext. 6100.
If you are unable to find transportation through these agencies, contact the Lebanon Medical Center’s Disabled American Veterans transportation coordinator. They may be reached by calling 717-272-6621, extension 4596 or 1-800-409-8771, extension 4596. The DAV has donated two new vans to assist in your transportation needs. One will be used at Camp Hill CBOC, bringing veterans to appointments at Lebanon VA Medical Center and back. The Coordinator may have a volunteer who is willing to provide transportation for you. Please contact them for more information on becoming a volunteer driver.